Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Change Flight NOW

Aleksez
Explorer C

What is going on? I woke up to you telling me to cancel my flight and the website is telling me to call you and you aren't available by phone. My flight is TODAY. I am travelling internationally and meeting my family. I need assistance. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Change Flight NOW

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

This a customer to customer forum, please contact SW directly, use phone, email or social media, best of luck!

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Use social media DM! Good luck!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Aleksez
Explorer C

They aren't responding and I've been on hold for over an hour.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I've never heard of Southwest "telling" anyone to cancel a flight.

Did they actually cancel your flight? Is your flight delayed? 

More information would be helpful. 

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest and other airlines are being hit with significant computer outages again.

Thousands of people are likely calling and the phone lines are jammed.

Click on "contact us" below for alternate ways to reach SW.

Also, you might want to try the Southwest cell app "chat" function, although I would not be surprised to hear that it's mucked up too. 

stenaught
Explorer C

I am in the same situation, fortunately I had planned for an extra day.  I booked a flight on a different carrier.  You may want to do the same.  

If southwest cancels your flight, they are required by law to refund your money, even if it's an anytime ticket. https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/refunds

dfwskier
Aviator A

@stenaught wrote:

I am in the same situation, fortunately I had planned for an extra day.  I booked a flight on a different carrier.  You may want to do the same.  

If southwest cancels your flight, they are required by law to refund your money, even if it's an anytime ticket. https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/refunds

To be clear, If Southwest cancels a flight it will refund to the original form of payment:

if a credit card, to that credit card

If a debit card, to that debit card

If a travel fund, back to that travel fund