Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Change to a Different Route?

IFly4Me
Explorer C

Hello,

I booked round trip air in November for my entire family, thinking that our 7 year old would likely be eligible for vaccination prior to that.  Now, it looks unlikely. As such, we won't want her to travel.

Now my wife's grandmother is not doing well and will likely pass in the coming months.

If we change our travel dates and destination to a less expensive route, will the unused balance be refunded to the credit card or only refunded as Travel funds?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Change to a Different Route?

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@IFly4Me wrote:

Hello,

I booked round trip air in November for my entire family, thinking that our 7 year old would likely be eligible for vaccination prior to that.  Now, it looks unlikely. As such, we won't want her to travel.

Now my wife's grandmother is not doing well and will likely pass in the coming months.

If we change our travel dates and destination to a less expensive route, will the unused balance be refunded to the credit card or only refunded as Travel funds?

Thanks.

Assuming you bought the Wanna Get Away fare (the lowest and most common one), any Travel Funds will be held in the name(s) of the originally ticketed passengers, and will expire one year from the date you made the booking (or earlier if you applied any Travel Funds or Vouchers).