Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing Fares

Tleray
Explorer C

I booked a trip for 4 and need to change the time of flights in which prices have increased.   1 person is unsure if they can go.   My question is if i change the flights from wanna getaway to wanna getaway plus, should the 1 person cancel would the flight credit be transferable?  

i know wanna getaway fares can not transfer but didn't know if we change the fare type if it would be eligible to transfer should it be canceled.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changing Fares

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Tleray wrote:

I booked a trip for 4 and need to change the time of flights in which prices have increased.   1 person is unsure if they can go.   My question is if i change the flights from wanna getaway to wanna getaway plus, should the 1 person cancel would the flight credit be transferable?  

i know wanna getaway fares can not transfer but didn't know if we change the fare type if it would be eligible to transfer should it be canceled.

thanks

The way this worked before when it was only Business Select or Anytime, if you upgraded your WGA fare to those then the extra money you paid would be refundable, but the original amount put towards WGA would remain as non-refundable.

However, you would now fly with all of the other benefits of that upgraded fare class.

This isn't quite the same thing so it's possible that with WGA+ upgrading the fare earns you the benefit of transferability, but won't work if that transfer is processed like a refund.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Tleray wrote:

thanks

From @TheMiddleSeat on another thread:

Cancel the existing reservation, use the travel credit to book a Wanna Get Away Plus fare for the same or slightly more expensive price, cancel that reservation, then transfer the travel credit to the person who needs to fly. They can then use it to book the new reservation.

This makes sense - instead of changing the ticket, just cancel and rebook then the travel funds won't be limited.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Tleray wrote:

.   My question is if i change the flights from wanna getaway to wanna getaway plus, should the 1 person cancel would the flight credit be transferable?  

There are other posts on the community that seem to indicate that is so.