Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Check your flights!

jksobonya
Aviator A

Hi SWA friends,

A friendly reminder to check your upcoming flights! Southwest has been making adjustments and moving / eliminating some flights in continued response to the pandemic and current travel needs. Over the past few days I got an e-mail notification that two of my flights were changed, but I checked all of them to be safe and noticed a 3rd flight was moved up an entire day 😞 I got no notification about that. 

If your flights changed and you got an email about it, you can change your flight to -any- other available flight 100% for free - and it doesn’t have to be the same day! So if you wanted to arrive a day earlier or later you can for example. You have to rebook within 3 days of receiving the email about the change. If you notice any inconsistencies with your flights or have trouble rebooking, contact Southwest, preferably on their social media channels (Twitter, FB) via private message.  

Happy flying!

—Jessica

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Check your flights!

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I got 2 changes but luckily they were only 40min and 2 hours nothing crazy this time. 

Changing on the app and website is very easy. 

I would avoid calling if you can because hold times will be long. Facebook/Twitter DM or the in app chat will be your best bet to get your flights fixed if you can't make the change yourself. 

-Blake

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I've gotten at least a dozen changes in the past couple of days. All of which were only like 30 minutes. Unfortunately, they were all making flights how in the evening that were already later than I like even later. 😞

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Always good advice -- these changes, often without notification for some unknown reason -- have been happening for several months, and will likely continue for the immediate future.

And as noted, definitely reach out via Twitter or Facebook direct message or through the Chat function in the app if you're unable to make additional changes yourself (which sadly is often). Don't bother to call unless you absolutely have to, as hold times are extremely lengthy these days.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

i got a change, but it was only 5 min from the original take-off time.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

i got a change, but it was only 5 min from the original take-off time.

Sometimes the stars align and the change is basically the same or an improvement over what you had booked yourself! 😁

—Jessica