Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass - Extended?

dsmits22
Explorer C

Any information on whether the companion pass will be extended since the nation is on a lock down?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion Pass - Extended?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@dsmits22 wrote:

Any information on whether the companion pass will be extended since the nation is on a lock down?

No word yet.  I'm sure they are working on it and will let us know as soon as they have a plan in place.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Route68
Explorer C

I really hope they do the right thing with the companion pass or else my wife’s flight to and from Vegas in February, the only time I will likely have used the pass in the first six months of the year or possibly all year, it will be a $110,000 flight.  I believe she could have flown on the Concorde or to space cheaper.

soxfan82
Adventurer C

Looks like they're extending CP thru June 30, 2021.

What I didn't see was an extension for people who earned the CP in 2020 before coronavirus hit, and have it thru December 31, 2021 already (but can't use the CP now). That's the situation I'm in. Hopefully they'll consider an extension into part of 2022 for that. I'm optimistic, as SWA generally does the right thing by its customers. 

Skippman
Explorer C

That's exactly the situation my wife and I are in. We're already good through 31 Dec 2021. It would be nice if we could have an extension as well.

soxfan82
Adventurer C

Yeah I mean it's only fair, right?  I urge anyone in this situation to reach out to SWA to let them know. It may have just been an oversight that they will correct, but more likely to do so it they hear from people about it.

Whether your CP ends on 12/31/2020 or 12/31/2021, we're all in the same boat right now with not being able to use the CP time we earned. But only one of the above groups benefits from an extension to 6/30/2021. Not to mention anyone who already earned CP before COVID19 hit this year did so with 125,000 points...and now it's going to require 100K because of the 25K CP point bonus benefit. So basically it's more points and we don't get an extension lol.