Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Couldnt book and was no help

Summerbooz
Explorer C

We tried for 4 days to book through SW hotels, but kept receiving an error code.. We called customer service about 5 or 6 times and no one could help. The last customer service lady we got told us 1. We can't book you over the phone, even though our website isn't working. 2. Book with someone else, since you're leaving tomorrow 3. We won't give you the 4,000 points since you're booking with someone else, even though it's our company's fault. 4. We'll open up another tech ticket for you but still won't give you the points.

Thanks for nothing, Southwest. You obviously don't care about your customers. We even bought the more expensive hotel in hopes that we could get those 4k points, but it looks like it was a waste of our money and time. Mood ruined = vacation ruined. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Couldnt book and was no help

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Summerbooz wrote:

Thanks for nothing, Southwest. You obviously don't care about your customers. We even bought the more expensive hotel in hopes that we could get those 4k points, but it looks like it was a waste of our money and time. Mood ruined = vacation ruined. 

As has been stated on the forums several times, Southwest Vacations IS NOT Southwest Airlines. Southwest Airlines offers the service so that people can book vacations in the same place they can buy flights and hotels and rent cars.  American, Delta, and United do the same thing, and they use the same company Apple VAcations Group.

Yes, there appear to be lots of complaints about Apple VAcation Group (Southwest Vacations).

So maybe you shouldn't  hold Southwest Airlines responsible for the bad service you are getting from a totally different company.

Re: Couldnt book and was no help

jksobonya
Aviator A

It doesn't sound like they were using Southwest Vacations. Southwest does have a "Hotels" option on Southwest.com that goes to SouthwestHotels.com and is in partnership with Booking.com. It sounds like they were using that especially if they were booking a more expensive hotel to get "extra points" which is a common thing they do (and I've used it many times). 

I'm not sure what number you called, but at the very bottom of SouthwestHotels.com there is this info:

Hotel customer service numbers: 1-888-850-3958 (English) or 1-866-938-1297 (Spanish)

There's also a customer service page here: https://secure.southwesthotels.com/content/cs.html?aid=2012072 

I'm sorry you had trouble booking, but without knowing more information (error message, did you have a problem entering your payment information, did you try using a different  browser, etc.) it's difficult to know what your situation was and how it could have been resolved. 

--Jessica

Couldn't book and was no help

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Since I book 90% of the time through SW Booking.com (and just did this Monday and Tuesday this week) I've not had any issues do so.  I'd say I book about 20 rooms per year for the past 5 years.  With that said, I also find your reply to be odd, not saying it isn't true, just odd.  For one, I've never had any airlines, including SWA ever tell me it was their fault when something went wrong.   Maybe you're the fortunate one, but nobody I've ever known has ever told me that either.   I'm sorry that you are experiencing any issues and hope they get resolved.  I checked this morning and already had my 1,000 points from the first stay.