Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

gsking
Aviator C

@HiDawn wrote:

I FEEL that this policy is extremely unsafe for both employees and your passengers. 

Thankfully,  your feelings do not drive corporate or governmental policy. 

I could explain the myriad reasons why your suggestion doesn't make sense,  but I'm pretty sure logic and facts won't change your feelings. 

So I suggest since you feel you could still get your loved ones sick by passing them the virus,  you stay home.   Definitely don't fly.   That's the only way to be SURE,  as you said. 

Thanks for doing your part. 

CHurst
Explorer C

It appears Southwest defers to their individual employee's "opinions" as to the ,safety of flight, for their customers health rather than to CDC factual guidance for covid  vaccinations.  I do hope that landing gear and wing attachment fatigue cracks related to, safety of flight, are not deferred to employee individual options,  rather than Boeing and FAA factual guidance.

gsking
Aviator C

I think you need to review the definitions of "guidance" and "requirements".  You seem to be conflating them.

But hey,  thanks for creating an account here just to convey to us all your wisdom about FAR part 25.

HiDawn
Adventurer C

You're right on target. Sort of a separate covid vax question ... I wonder how many of the non vaxers DID vaccinate their children against polio, and all the other childhood illness. I wonder if they are "following the science" and getting their children protected against the coronavirus?

HiDawn
Adventurer C

Sugey
Explorer C

Drama

KimHartmann
Explorer C

I am EXTREMELY happy that Southwest is NOT requiring the vaccine! It's a direct violation of the Nuremburg Code! Bravo, Southwest!!!! As long as they do not require the vaccine, Southwest is the ONLY airline that we will fly and I will share this with everyone that I know that flies! 

rnm354
Explorer C

Kim--  You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!!!  And, SW WILL BE mandating the vaccines as ALL the airlines will be! 

KDavis10
Explorer C

It’s extremely funny to me that people feel this “mystery vaccine” is safer than getting the virus. I’m grateful Southwest gives their employees the choice to get vaccinated or not. 

Jawell
Explorer C

Just fly some other airline. Most people are against medical tyranny,