Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Covid vaccination requirements

HiDawn
Adventurer C

I am EXTREMELY upset that Southwest is not requiring airplane attendants to be vaccinated. I have been a customer AND stock holder. I feel that this policy is extremely unsafe for both employees and your passengers. As more people become aware of this, I believe you will lose passengers and goodwill.

80 REPLIES 80

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you are really that bothered, you    should talk with customer relations.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

HiDawn
Adventurer C

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did. I'd had a lot of trouble trying to find an email address for the airlines. Your link helped.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you are vaccinated, another person's vaccination status does not matter to you.

So why exactly are you so bothered?

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

If you are vaccinated, another person's vaccination status does not matter to you.

So why exactly are you so bothered?

--TheMiddleSeat

Precisely. And the old adage applies: if you are afraid, stay home ...

--Jessica

Happygbritt
Explorer C

Stay home! The staff have the American right not to get vacinated! 

HiDawn
Adventurer C

Because I care about everyone, not just myself. There are some that cannot get the vaccine due to other health issues, there are some not vaccinated because they are too young. Don't you care about protecting them? AND, even though I have been vaccinated and though the odds are now in my favor, I can still get the coronavirus and/or pass it on to those that I love.

Magonzalez77
Explorer C

You can’t mandate vaccinations if those employees also have medical issues or personal beliefs. Just wear a mask right?  that’s what the regime are telling us to prevent the spread, so why both?  If people have had COVID like I have, I have immunity and have been tested for antibodies. So this should be left to the individual. One size does not fit all. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

So much misinformation here.

Those who have contracted covid are not immune to new variants. Sadly, neither are the vaccinated, although breakthrough infections are still relatively rare. That is, until lambda makes it here, or another variant develops that is vaccine resistant.

Masking (and social distancing and hand washing) are all methods of reducing spread. They don't eliminate it. They work best combined with vaccination -- it's not an either/or situation.

Vaccine mandates allow for exceptions in the case of medical issues, and some also include "religious" exceptions.

Donnaaa
Explorer C

I totally understand.  You have the antibodies so your body will be able to fight off any Variant that comes down the pike.  Just like those who got the vaccine.  It’s Like the flu.  This is not a death sentence like we are being told it is.  Keeping yourself healthy, stress free, eating properly, exercising and good Personal hygiene is a way to combat this and all illnesses out there.  Stay heathy