Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I just shudder to think where we'd be as a country if people thought so much about only themselves and so little about the greater good during the early half of the last century. Citizens made huge personal sacrifices back then, all for the sake of fighting global enemies. Now we're just asking that they get a freaking shot, but no, that's just too much to expect.

<smh>

gsking
Aviator C

Our country  IS like that,  for the most part.   How many people, even in government,  literally hate America?   How many would NEVER join the military,  let alone storm a beach in Normandy or Iwo Jima?  How many consider stealing packages off your porch,  breaking into your car,  or rioting and looting a Target to be acceptable activity?   Wait,  no need to loot... just walk in and take it.   You won't get prosecuted.  All condoned by your government.   There is a common societal thread of selfishness,  and it's not exclusive to either party. 

We have a president who warned AGAINST the vaccine before he was elected, all in the name of politics and getting into office.   Now that he's in, he contradicts himself every other week. 

And he and others do it with a level of disdain that doesn't engender compliance.   Most people unsure of themselves on an issue frame it accordingly.   But when you indignantly make claims with confidence and certainty when you have neither,  and are proven wrong (or at least bending the truth) shortly thereafter, you lose credibility. 

I could continue to list the other myriad inconsistencies that abound,  but you've heard them all.   I agree with you.... most people should have been vaccinated by now.   But you shouldn't be surprised that they're not.   

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Biden warned against trying to rush out an unfinished vaccine ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

“Let me be clear: I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump,” Biden said. “At this moment, the American people can’t either.”

HiDawn
Adventurer C

From what science tells us, even people who have recovered from COVID-19 are urged to get vaccinated, especially as the extra-contagious delta variant surges. Studies shows survivors who ignored that advice were more than twice as likely to get reinfected. Vaccines can offer stronger protection than natural immunity alone, especially against the viral variants that are driving surges right now.

Donnaaa
Explorer C

The thing people keep forgetting is, if the individual chooses or cannot get the vaccine, they know the risk they are taking.  Getting the vaccine does not prevent any individual from getting Covid.  I now know several individuals who got JJ, maderma (?spelling) and Pfizer who got Covid long after they got their vaccine.   So, the point is don’t force ANYONE to take a drug (yes, it is something foreign going into your body) if they don’t want it. I don’t hold anything against them for not wanting it and don’t blame those who did get it.  Fear makes us do things and everyone knows it. You believe you are protecting others because you are being told you are.  So, if They told you that not only getting the vaccine  will save others but you still need to jump off this bridge for the vaccine to be effective, would you?  People who did get Covid already are protected.  They have ACTIVE. Immunity.  I am curious to see how many people get Covid again who had it prior to the vaccine.  Will any of this be reported?  Probably not. I top my hat off to Southwest for their stance and I WILL continue to use them because of their stance on this subject.  BTW: I am for vaccines but not in the way it’s being forced upon.  

megan2022
Explorer C

That msm logic is dumb as hell! The vaccine is not going to protect someone sitting next to you, it’s SUPPOSED to protect you because it’s in YOUR body. That’s like me saying I want to make sure no one else gets a stomachache, so I will take the stomach meds and not only my stomach won’t hurt, everyone I be around, their stomach won’t hurt either. AND since you are vaccinated, and can still pass it, the stuff is still pointless! 

AnnAschauer
Explorer C

There are plenty of airlines that are mandating vaccines, and they are certainly free to take those. The rest of us are free to take Southwest. There is still (for now) choice in America, which is one reason I love this country.

noagenda
Explorer C

don't be so anti-science

even the CDC now freely admits the vaccine doesnt stop infection and spread, something that has been true since day 1, if you actually read the EUA application, they never tested any of these vaccines to prevent infection and spread, only mitigate symptoms for the people who choose to take it

Sugey
Explorer C

Not "everyone" needs or wants your kind of caring

bec102896
Aviator A

Airplane attendants. I thought they were flight attendants 😂