Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

Sullytoo
Explorer C

The jab not working is totally true! I know of 7 family members who were all vaccinated, that tested positive for covid. Most just had bad cold symptoms but the dad was pretty sick. They had relatives that are doctors in India send ivermicten which made recovery for the dad much better. 

India is pretty interesting since part of the country used ivermicten and  hydroxychloroquine to treat and prevent covid. They have little covid there now. The part of the country that went with vaccines is seeing high numbers of covid..... article below 

https://www.thedesertreview.com/news/national/ivermectin-obliterates-97-percent-of-delhi-cases/artic...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

gsking
Aviator C

Why are we arguing Covid remedies here?   Go fight elsewhere.

The only thing that barely BARELY is on topic is if they require their employees to be vaccinated.    They don't.   If you don't like it,  fly elsewhere.   Cheaper flights for the rest of us. 

HiDawn
Adventurer C

If people stop flying Southwest, the price of your tickets will up and their won't be cheaper flights for anyone.

gsking
Aviator C

I don't think you understand how their pricing works.  Every five or ten WGA tickets sold and the price goes up.   Conversely, if not enough seats sell,  the price drops.   That's when we rebook and get a refund.   

But keep wasting your time arguing about Covid since it seems to make you happy. 

HiDawn
Adventurer C

I tried reaching customer relations but they did not reply. Again, I HOPE that Southwest will soon require their flight attendants, pilots and other employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

United and Hawaiian Airlines require their U.S. employees, (a total of some 73,000 people) to get vaccinated

Until Southwest implements that policy, I will NOT be flying on Southwest.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@HiDawn The 100+ passengers surrounding you on the plane may or may not be vaccinated, but you're going to make your decision based on the vaccination status of a few crew members who you rarely interact with? Seems like you're missing the big picture. 

--TheMiddleSeat

HiDawn
Adventurer C

When I travel, 90% of the time it's with my husband. Yes, we are exposed to the few passengers sitting near us but the flight attendants are exposed to EVERY passenger on the plane, thus able to be a "super-spreader". Why do you have a problem asking the flight attendants to get vaccinated? MANY large businesses, schools, government agencies are starting to implement this requirement. Wish Southwest would get ahead of the curve.

gsking
Aviator C

Except... facts.   If they were "able" to be super spreaders,  that reality would have played out long ago.   But it hasn't. 

So you can imagine all the grim scenarios you want, based on your notions of how Covid works.   But that doesn't make you correct.   

Thankfully,  the rest of the world doesn't react to your biased and fallacious view of reality. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone. This thread has gotten heated, and I want to take a moment and encourage everyone to refresh themselves on our Community User Guidelines. We want all Members to feel comfortable sharing thoughts and ideas here, and we ask that you follow the Golden Rule and treat other Community Members the way you would like to be treated. Keep your tone positive and your comments constructive.

Additionally, it's important to remember that not all advice is sound advice. While Members and Employees will do their best to help each other out, it is possible for information provided in the Community to be wrong, incomplete, or not applicable to your specific situation. Always apply good judgment and feel free to seek information from other sources.

Nicole
Community Manager