Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

Wyckedjezter
New Arrival

If you are bothered by it, stop flying Southwest. Instead of trying to impose your will on others, find a mode of transportation more suited to you. You chose to get vaccinated, cool. They have chosen not to as of yet, cool. The employees have the right to make that choice, just as you have the right to go elsewhere. Personally, I would rather fly with a group that has the courage to not be forced into experimental vaccines.

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

Justme1
New Arrival

Actually, knowing this will make me stick with Southwest as I have for years. I really like them and it’s a right to choose. Good for you, Southwest!

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

HiDawn
Active Member

This is good advice from the moderator of Southwest. We shouldn't be "attacking" each other or making  nasty comments. I simply hope that Southwest "follows the science" and does what is best for its employees and it's customers!

 

"Hi everyone. This thread has gotten heated, and I want to take a moment and encourage everyone to refresh themselves on our Community User Guidelines. We want all Members to feel comfortable sharing thoughts and ideas here, and we ask that you follow the Golden Rule and treat other Community Members the way you would like to be treated. Keep your tone positive and your comments constructive.

 

Additionally, it's important to remember that not all advice is sound advice. While Members and Employees will do their best to help each other out, it is possible for information provided in the Community to be wrong, incomplete, or not applicable to your specific situation. Always apply good judgment and feel free to seek information from other sources." ... from Southwest.

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

kraytexas
New Arrival

My body my choice !!! You approve me that vaccine do killed the virus or mute the symptoms? Than let demand other people to do so. But still you don't tell what to do to other people just because what you believe. God bless you !!

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

tallmom
New Arrival

I, too, am very upset with Southwest Airlines.  It's been my go-to airlines (and credit card) for two decades....and now I'm looking at flying United or Jetblue because of the resistance of SW to mandate vaccines for their in-flight staff.

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

HiDawn
Active Member

I know. I have a trip on Wed. and one the beginning of Nov. I am choosing to fly on United until Southwest changes their policy.

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

dfwskier
Top Contributor

 

 


@HiDawn wrote:

I know. I have a trip on Wed. and one the beginning of Nov. I am choosing to fly on United until Southwest changes their policy.

 

 @tallmom 



You're worried about 3 to 4 flight attendants, but not the other 150+ passengers - many of which are unvaccinated.  Please explain that.

 

Those passengers will be on your next United flight, too. They'll be sitting right next to you. Maybe you should worry less about flight attendants and more about passengers that outnumber them by up to 50 to 1.

 

If you are going to be rational about it, maybe you shouldn't fly at all. 

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

HiDawn
Active Member

Or maybe those that have not been vaccinated shouldn't be able to fly since they are in the minority?

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@HiDawn wrote:

Or maybe those that have not been vaccinated shouldn't be able to fly since they are in the minority?


Until that happens, they will be sitting right next to you -- on United, American Delta and even Southwest.

 

So what are you going to do about THAT?

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

gsking
Rising Star

So now the metric for regulations is "if you're in the minority,  we get to impose rules on you because you're in the minority"?

 

Wow.   I thought we got past that sort of tyranny about 200 years ago.  But it sure appears they're right when they say it's coming back. 

 

Never mind that we all flew for over a year WITHOUT vaccine and did fine.   Now we're ACTUALLY vaccinated,  and by some logic you're MORE at risk because 2% of the plane MIGHT not be,  never mind the other 98%?  I'm really not tracking with you. 

 

If you find that logical,  you need to retake a class in logic, and probably statistics. 

 

And while you're at it,  look for a class in American history in light of that first recommendation.