Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Covid vaccination requirements

HiDawn
New Arrival

I am EXTREMELY upset that Southwest is not requiring airplane attendants to be vaccinated. I have been a customer AND stock holder. I feel that this policy is extremely unsafe for both employees and your passengers. As more people become aware of this, I believe you will lose passengers and goodwill.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Covid vaccination requirements

dfwskier
Top Contributor

If you are really that bothered, you    should talk with customer relations.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

HiDawn
New Arrival

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did. I'd had a lot of trouble trying to find an email address for the airlines. Your link helped.

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

If you are vaccinated, another person's vaccination status does not matter to you.

So why exactly are you so bothered?

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Rising Star

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

If you are vaccinated, another person's vaccination status does not matter to you.

So why exactly are you so bothered?

--TheMiddleSeat

Precisely. And the old adage applies: if you are afraid, stay home ...

--Jessica

HiDawn
New Arrival

Because I care about everyone, not just myself. There are some that cannot get the vaccine due to other health issues, there are some not vaccinated because they are too young. Don't you care about protecting them? AND, even though I have been vaccinated and though the odds are now in my favor, I can still get the coronavirus and/or pass it on to those that I love.

bec102896
Top Contributor

Airplane attendants. I thought they were flight attendants 😂 

gsking

@HiDawn wrote:

I FEEL that this policy is extremely unsafe for both employees and your passengers. 

Thankfully,  your feelings do not drive corporate or governmental policy. 

I could explain the myriad reasons why your suggestion doesn't make sense,  but I'm pretty sure logic and facts won't change your feelings. 

So I suggest since you feel you could still get your loved ones sick by passing them the virus,  you stay home.   Definitely don't fly.   That's the only way to be SURE,  as you said. 

Thanks for doing your part.