Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Credit card charge shows up at unrecognized Payee. Is this normal?

sampler
Explorer C

A credit card charge made recently was identified as being charged to something called ARC. First time has ever happened. Is it legitimate?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Credit card charge shows up at unrecognized Payee. Is this normal?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That doesn't sound like anything to do with Southwest. You would be better off asking Chase. 

--TheMiddleSeat

sampler
Explorer C

Already called Chase, deactivated card, refused charges, reported as fraud. Whole phone call very strange. Very much static on line, voice so heavily accented often difficult to understand. Seemed like "microphone" kept slipping down and sometimes could barely hear. At end of conversation the man said, "now if I call you answer the phone". I had called a legitimate SW phone number obtained from their website. This all happened in the midst of a lengthy hold to speak to SW.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Seems like there's some missing details here, but I will point out that some scammers often buy phone numbers that are one digit off of legitimate ones, so that they can capture callers (in much the same way that scammers will register websites that are common misspellings of legitimate ones).

If you called from a cell phone, check that the number you dialed is the correct one.

sampler
Explorer C

Capitol One actually solved problem by cancelling card and removing charges, marking as fraudulent. Despite filing a  complain Southwest has not acknowledged me.

Therefore I consider it solved, but not by Southwest.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I still don't see why this has anything to do with Southwest. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

I still don't see why this has anything to do with Southwest. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Agree. Fraudulent  charge issues cn ONLY be solved by your credit card issuer.