Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer Southwest Vacation Refund

jr13160
Adventurer C

I think in order to get results I am going to email NY Times News and let them know how Southwest and Southwest Vacations is not helping get refunds on packages booked with them. If everyone writes to the news station, newspapers , CNN or anyone that will listen maybe we can get results. 

I want my money back from Apple Leisure Group and Southwest Vacations for my hotel that I did not stay in.

Here's the email you can send to NY times. nytnews@nytimes.com 

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Customer Southwest Vacation Refund

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jr13160 wrote:

I think in order to get results I am going to email NY Times News and let them know how Southwest and Southwest Vacations is not helping get refunds on packages booked with them. If everyone writes to the news station, newspapers , CNN or anyone that will listen maybe we can get results. 

I want my money back from Apple Leisure Group and Southwest Vacations for my hotel that I did not stay in.

Here's the email you can send to NY times. nytnews@nytimes.com 

Although related, you'll have to take things up with the Southwest Vacations side of things, or the Apple people and see what you can get, hopefully at least credit to a future stay.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Customer Southwest Extended Expiration Dates

jr13160
Adventurer C

Are all of us who had to cancel our travels in March due to COVID19 , but booked in November or December getting our travel finds expiration dates extended to June 2021 or later? 

Re: Customer Southwest Extended Expiration Dates

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jr13160 wrote:

Are all of us who had to cancel our travels in March due to COVID19 , but booked in November or December getting our travel finds expiration dates extended to June 2021 or later? 

Please explain how you booked November and December flights when the schedule  only allows booking thru October 30.

jr13160
Adventurer C

Apple Leisure Group just refunded my  Southwest Vacations portion on hotel only for $633.08 this week. They did the right thing,

Now SOUTHWEST AIRLINES needs to refund me my  flight fee of $525!!! Or push the expiration date to 2022!

Ten6redhead
Explorer C

How did Apple Leisure Group refund you. Did they put it back on the card you purchased with or did they send you some kind of voucher?

I am experiencing the opposite of you. I received my money back from SouthWest but haven't got anything back from Apple Leisure Group and can't get them to answer any questions on how they will get my money back to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cscharles
Explorer C

How long did your Hotel portion of the refund take to come back to your CC?

Steffen101
Explorer C

Having the same problem, just posted on this site also.  How long did it take you for a refund?

Emptynestor61
Explorer C

Interested to see others in same predicament as I.  We are all helping Southwest Vacations AKA Apple Leisure Group's cash flow and if/when they go bankrupt we need to do all we can to get our $.  I support notifying the NY Times.  I ALSO strongly urge all to report a fraud claim to your credit card company, as I did.

I cancelled my vacation March 19, before Southwest would have cancelled.  I've received my $850 in air credits, now good through 2022.  I was told 7 to 14 days for my $4800 refund to my credit card for hotel/car.  I've been calling Southwest Vacations at least every other week.  Was then told to expect 30 days, then up to 60 days, then up to 90 days.  I spoke with a supervisor one week ago, who could not tell me when I'd get the refund but said he would "kick up" my refund by sending an email to "Accounting." I informed him I was left no choice but to challenge the charge to my credit card, thinking this would put additional pressure.  I've received a "provisional credit" to my credit card by Citibank Visa while they investigate.  

Any other ideas or updates from folks?

Ten6redhead
Explorer C

I am still waiting to get the money back from Apple Leisure Group for the hotel I didn't get to stay at in April.

I have emailed them several times with no response. I also was told on the original cancellation email that they would contact to set up refund/reschedule in 90 days.

After checking the BBB and seeing several complaints, there are some responses asking people just be patient they are processing thousands of refunds per day of cancelled hotel reservations.

Some kind of update or response from Apple Leisure would be great. It sure makes SW look bad when the vacation was booked thru them. SW was quick to refund my unused flight. But waiting with no updates on the hotel portion really makes you think twice before booking a vacation package again.