Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Customer Southwest Vacation Refund

rsallerson
Explorer C

I would definitely join a class action suit against Southwest Vacations.  I have been waiting since March for the refund on the airfare portion of my cancelled vacation.  I did receive the hotel refund a few months ago. Been dealing with Southwest on the air refund, but they are telling me they sent the request to Southwest Vacations, so it is out of their hands. 

It shouldn't be out of their hands, as they are the ones that engage the third-rate, third party vendor like Apple/Southwest Vacations.  When a customer is waiting 6.5 months for a refund, Southwest needs to issue the refund and THEY need to go after Apple Vacations to get the money back.  Perhaps, they know the chances of receiving a refund from Apple are not that good and they don't want to be on the hook?

While I am trying to not blame Southwest for this fiasco, as time goes on, it has become exceedingly difficult to let them off the hook.  My advice would be NEVER use Apple/Southwest Vacations.

anc
Explorer C

We went through this and if Southwest Vacations booked the flight through Southwest Airlines, Southwest Vacations has to seek the refund.  Initially, Southwest Vacations was telling us that we had to fight with Southwest Airlines to get our money back and that simply wasn't the case.  After several phone calls and hours of arguing with people, Southwest Vacations worked with Southwest Airlines to get our refund.  Southwest Vacations used "points" to purchase the tickets so Southwest Airlines couldn't refund us and sent it up their chain to see what they could do to get our money back to us.  The refund came from Southwest Vacations.

The problem we are experiencing is although we got the money back for our flights, they have not refunded us for our rental car and hotel and it's been 4 1/2 months.  We finally submitted a complaint to the BBB because that seems to be the only way they will actually issue a refund.

joelle010380
Explorer B

Please also send in your info to the following. This report allows consumers and air travel companies to compare the complaint records of individual airlines and tour operators. The data in this report also serve as a basis for rulemaking, legislation and research. Consumer information for air travelers, including the Air Travel Consumer Report and our pamphlet Fly-Rights, a Consumer's Guide to Air Travel, can be found on our website, www.transportation.gov/airconsumer.