Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Day 2 and Another 4.5 Hour Hold Time. Still Holding, Still No Answer!

Geoprofjon
Explorer C

So what is Southwest doing? This is the second day I've been on hold for over 4 hours. Do I need to cancel my return flight? Will I ever get a chance to rebook? Is anybody answering the phones? I followed Southwest's directions once I got my cancellation notice, but nothing is working.

How is this acceptable?IMG_9288.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Day 2 and Another 4.5 Hour Hold Time. Still Holding, Still No Answer!

Geoprofjon
Explorer C

Now we are at the 5 hour mark!

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry you have been on hold so long. 

I would try reaching out on Twitter and hopefully they can respond. 

The last couple days have been rough I’ve been apart of it as well all we can do is just be patient and we will hopefully be on our ways soon. ATC in Jacksonville had issues and add the airline crew problems and it just makes a mess of a situation. 

Once travel is complete I would send an email to southwest and hopefully they can send out some compensation to make up for the experience. 

-Blake 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Hang up and contact Southwest on social media. Phones are the airlines preferred method of contact but in the case of these long wait times I suggest an alternate option: social media (FB, Twitter). I get faster responses that way and don't have to wait on hold.

--Jessica

LindaB
Explorer C

I have been trying to reach SW for days now. I have been on hold for 2 hours repeatedly. Each time the call is dropped instead of being answered. Last night I was on hold for 7 hours, 59 minutes, 23 seconds!!! Then the call was dropped. I urgently need to rebook because SW cancelled my flight and rebooked me for a flight that will arrive AFTER the event, and in the dead of night. The email they sent me said I can rebook without charge online or with the app. However, that is not true. Both online and the app charge me the difference in cost between the ticket I purchased months ago and current prices, which are of course $650+ more. I tried chat with the app, but that is just a bot that answers FAQs - no real person who can fix real problems. I am back on hold, trying again to get a person on the customer service line (the definition of insanity...) Any ideas?