Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Desktop vs Mobile App

strgth
Adventurer B

From some of the forums I've read, it appears that it is best to use the mobile app to book, change, cancel flights. However, I noticed on the desktop version, my account shows that I can register for the A-list Status promotion but that same promotion is not listed on my account in the app. So what is the advantage of using one over the other?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Desktop vs Mobile App

bec102896
Aviator A

You can register for the A List promotion on the website and still book on the app 

With the app vs website I like parts of each 

With the website i like that I can see points history vs on the app I can't

On the app I find it easy to book and change flights and with the app it makes boarding a plane much easier (mobile boarding passes don't exist on the website) 

-Blake

gsking
Aviator C

The web app has better accessibility to the low fare finder and can find sale fares and nonstop routes better.   

Plus it's required for booking underage travelers. 

Other than that,  I like the app better. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

As with most things there are pros and cons to using an app vs the full desktop site. The full site tends to have more complex functionality, advanced features, etc., that are more difficult to put into an app or mobile version of the site. I tend to use the desktop site more often just so I have access to "everything". 

--Jessica

strgth
Adventurer B

Thank you everyone for your insight. I will continue using the desktop version. I am not planning to travel any where any time soon so I would be registering for the A-list promo just because it was offered; however, I would be wasting the opportunity.