Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Documentation to travel in and from California

JBALAIS85
Explorer C

While attempting to make a reservation to travel from Phoenix to one of the Southern California airports, I needed documentation to travel, assuming for all airports. What documentation is needed? Is it only a negative COVID test or what? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Documentation to travel in and from California

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Nothing is required. Where did you see something was?

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

For a couple airports in California it says you would have to fill out a form you can read more about that on southwest.com under the covid updates and click on California. 

JBALAIS85
Explorer C

JBALAIS85_0-1631049431259.png

Unless the airline has not updated its page, this is what I am seeing. I was just trying to figure out what it means by "documentation required."  

jksobonya
Aviator A

@JBALAIS85 wrote:

JBALAIS85_0-1631049431259.png

Unless the airline has not updated its page, this is what I am seeing. I was just trying to figure out what it means by "documentation required."  

You need to click "View More Details" which will take you here:

https://www.southwest.com/coronavirus/california/

Which says the following: Anyone traveling to Los Angeles or Burbank will be required to fill out a Traveler Form prior to arrival. 

That's what it means by "Documentation Required" - it's just a travel form you have to fill out.

--Jessica

gsking
Aviator C

I repeat... no forms are required at Burbank.  It's business as usual.   It was the same at LAX in July. 

Nothing to worry about whatsoever. 

gsking
Aviator C

Nothing is enforced.   I don't see the forms anymore.   Maybe a year ago.