Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Double booked a flight for this afternoon- need to cancel one of them

lindseymcmannus
Explorer C

My elderly aunt had her flight canceled. She was able to get a flight out to Las Vegas but then missed the connection. In order to get her on the next available plane, I booked her a flight through my account. However, the agent at the gate was able to get her on the same plane with her canceled flight voucher. I believe! Because she is elderly she doesn't really know. I want to cancel the one I bought so that I can either get a refund or flight credit but I don't want to cancel her flight if this is not the case. I need to get an agent on the phone or chat, Help.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Double booked a flight for this afternoon- need to cancel one of them

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The best option is to handle everything at the gate. The agent should be able to see if she is booked twice. You may also be able to speak with the agent over the phone if aunt can just wait in line. Due to the conditions I suspect you will also be able to get a refund on your booking after the fact if you write Southwest providing facts about the situation and how you tried to cancel but couldn't due to the long hold times.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Double booked a flight for this afternoon- need to cancel one of them

dfwskier
Aviator A

1) If she has a confirmation tied to a flight, then she is fine. If that is the case, just cancel the reservation you made for her.  

2) Airlines do not allow double bookings, so if that is what she has the airline WILL cancel one of them. That is what all airlines do.

3) Thousands of flights have been delayed/cancelled so you are in competition with tens of thousands of others trying to reach the airline.