Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ERROR: Confirmed reservation is unticketed

AZ1
Explorer A

Hello,

I had made a one-way flight reservation on Feb 4 for flight #3350 from DEN to SJC, flight date May 25 2020.

On March 10, I saw a lower price for the same flight so I logged into my Southwest account, found the reservation, and clicked on "change flight". I was able to see that the new fare for the same flight would give me a credit of $180 so I went ahead with clicking and confirming the flight change. However, after finishing the change procedure, I did not get any email about it. I do not even see the travel funds in my Southwest account under the "travel funds" tab. My reservation still shows in my Southwest account but when I try to click on it, I get an error "We are currently unable to complete your request because the reservation is unticketed. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)."

When I try to call Southwest, the hold time is more than 80 minutes which is understandable given the current COVID-19 situation but after about 50-60 minutes of holding on the phone, the call gets disconnected.

My concern is, this reservation shows up only in my southwest account BUT if I try to pull up the reservation based on the confirmation code, I get the same error I've provided above. If my reservation is unticketed, what does this mean and how can I retrieve the funds that I paid for this ticket? I have not canceled this reservation so why is this unticketed?

I've been getting this error since March 10 when I made the change.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

AZ1

11 REPLIES 11

Re: ERROR: Confirmed reservation is unticketed

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I'm not sure what is causing that issue, but given the hold times right now, you might use alternative methods to contacts SW such as Twitter or the chat option in the mobile app.

Those teams are super helpful, and it will likely be a better use of your time!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

AZ1
Explorer A

Thank you for the reply and info. Chat has no representatives currently, but I'll keep checking and also tweet.

dfwskier
Aviator A

If the reservation shows in your SW account, you are ticketed.

SW has been having computer problems the last few days.

AZ1
Explorer A

Good to know, thank you for the info.

bec102896
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

If the reservation shows in your SW account, you are ticketed.

I have had several times where a ticket was on hold and it would show up in my RR account so just because a reservation shows up in your account doesn't mean it's ticketed.   

AZ1
Explorer A

Exactly my concern! Thank you for your input. I'll continue trying to get in touch with Southwest.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I've never heard of this error before! Please report back with the outcome. Southwest has a great social media presence so contacting them on Facebook or Twitter via Direct Message might be your best bet.

--Jessica

chewbacca
Explorer B

I have had that issue before.  The system didn't fully issue the ticket, so I was left "unticketed".  However, since space was available on the flight, gate agent was able to get the ticket issued.  I don't know if a spot was actually held for me, or if it was coincidence that space was available.

You should contact customer service, if you are still experiencing the issue.

AZ1
Explorer A

Thank you for sharing your experience. The issue is my funds used for the ticket are also in a state of limbo since they don't show up as 'travel funds' nor is the ticket showing ticketed.  I will continue trying to get in touch with Southwest.