Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird

gloryfire
Explorer C

This is the age of COVID Why is EARLY BIRD not refundable?  Forget refundable, but it should be applied to our changed flight. That is only fair. Anything else is unacceptable. I hope to see changes to this I have a call in to them today. Actually, I think that's where I need to be sending this message. Community can't change it.  Nice to vent, but if no one here is Southwest employee with authority we're just spinning our wheels. I'm out for results. So everyone here should be contacting Southwest in both writing and phone stating this is NOT fair. They should not be earning money off of our inability to fly due to a pandemic. Thanks for listening.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Early Bird

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

According to the Knowledge Base, your EB charges will automatically be refunded if SOUTHWEST cancels the flight.  If you cancel your flight, the KB recommends that you contact customer relations via one of the listed options as these requests seem to be handled on a case-by-case basis.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since SW has announced that it will not fill any middle seats - by ticket sales.

That basically means everyone gets an aisle or window. Given that why would someone buy EBCI?

topazz11
Explorer C

Probably because it was purchased BEFORE the pandemic

dfwskier
Aviator A

My comment was directed primarily t those looking to buy EBCI now.

Back to the OP. He/she was asking about a flight that was changed. When flights are changed (not cancelled) EBCI automatically transfers to the changed flight.