Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Erroneous Emails Being Sent??

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

I suspect there's a problem with SWA's reservation or notification system 😮.

I, too, received an email tonight about a flight change, originally scheduled October 1st, departing Portland and arriving San Diego.  The email says that I am now booked, still on October 1st, from Washington DC to Nashville 🤣!  While I would love to take a quick trip to Nashville for some great food, I'm not sure how I would first get to DC.

I checked my flight in my Rapid Rewards account, and my original trip is still there.

I feel sorry for those SWA employees answering the phones tomorrow...

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Erroneous Emails Being Sent??

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Delta or United Air must have hacked them.  😃

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I'm hoping an SWA employee or moderator reads this message and an alert of some sort is sent out.  Now I have to go in and check on the flight that was supposed to be changed tonight.  I might post a few times on this keeping it at top.  

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

Another erroneous email arrived ...

Now, still on October 1st, I have been scheduled on a flight from San Francisco to Las Vegas.

There's still that pesky problem about how I'll get to San Francisco to take this flight 🤔.

And once again, my original flights are correctly scheduled in my RR account.  I'm not worried, but I can appreciate the concern this could cause with other flyers.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

@tappingmom1 You have the right idea by always going back to you actual booking in your account! But I def get how scary incorrect emails can be.

If you have the time, please report the specific issue directly to SW so that they are aware and can investigate.  I would perhaps pass a screenshot on to the Twitter or FB teams via private message.  

Hopefully, these issues will be resolved, and when in doubt, you can always reach out to SW directly via one of the Contact Us methods below.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

What's a screenshot?  And does everyone use, Twitter?  🤔

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

And does everyone use, Twitter?  🤔

yes 😝

51imjdm
Explorer C

I just rec'd an email confirmation for a flight booked by another passenger... hope she makes it..."Due to Covid"....smh