Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error Code 400620415

tea14
Explorer C

Keep getting an error saying there's a problem with one of my forms of payment.  I am using Flight Credits and Gift Cards.  I called Soutwest and she told me I must use a credit card for the taxes and fees.  And so I still keep getting the same error even when I remove the flight credits and use gift card and credit card.  Has anyone seen this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Error Code 400620415

bec102896
Aviator A

When using a credit card is the billing info all entered and correct. Don’t forget the CVV code 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@tea14 wrote:

Keep getting an error saying there's a problem with one of my forms of payment.  I am using Flight Credits and Gift Cards.  I called Soutwest and she told me I must use a credit card for the taxes and fees.  And so I still keep getting the same error even when I remove the flight credits and use gift card and credit card.  Has anyone seen this problem?

I'm not sure if that is correct, if you have enough travel credit to cover the flight and the taxes and fees, you shouldn't have to enter a credit card. That aside, make sure all your CC info is correct if you are using one, typically expiration dates are the trickiest due to month/year formats and sometimes they make you enter a 2 digit year, a 4 digit year, and the slash inbetween month and year. 

--Jessica

tea14
Explorer C
Solution

Thank you all. I called and they completed on the phone. I found out that the middle name was required to be entered. Not sure why that threw the payment error.