Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error message when attempting to change flight

sshaner945
Explorer C

I received an email from Southwest telling me that my flight had been changed. They offered me a link to change to another flight if what they preselected didn't work for me (which it doesn't), with the catch that to prevent a change in fair I would only have three days to change the flight. I clicked the link, went through everything and picked another flight that was available. When I get to the last page it sends me an error message and doesn't complete my flight change. I have tried for 3 days now both on the website and the app and on my phone and desktop computer. I've called costumer service twice now and have sat on hold for longer than 2 hours each time with no end in sight. Does anyone know how to 1. get ahold of someone at Southwest customer service or 2. how to get past the error message. Today is day 3 and I got fairly cheap tickets and don't want to have to pay for the difference in fair prices..

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Error message when attempting to change flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sometimes when the airline changes your flight and you try to change it to something else this happens. I presume it is because the changed flight is different than the original flight -- I know that doesn;t make any sense whatsoever, but I think that's what happens. It has happened to me.

You can also contact the airline via the Southwest app chat function or one of the other methods listed below:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Use the chat function in the app... super quick and easy!

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Use the chat function in the app... super quick and easy!

--TheMiddleSeat

I'm not sure if maybe Southwest has cut back on the chat function availability, but every time I've checked over the past few days I've received a message that no reps are available.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 11.32.49 PM.png

Another option would be direct message via Twitter or Facebook.

BotanyBay
Explorer C

I am in a similar situation.  I received an email that my flights were being changed and not just the departure/arrival times.  The flights are no longer direct but now are connecting and hours longer than before.  To make matters worse I cannot change the flight online as "errors have occurred", I cannot call as there is an over two hour wait and the "chat" function does not work.  What is going on with Southwest?!

bec102896
Aviator A

I would reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM and they should be able to assist you. You can also keep trying on the chat feature on the app it seems to be hit and miss lately on being able to get in the que but once in its pretty quick and easy.

-Blake