Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Errors changing points-booked flights

jbtallchai
Explorer C

Is anyone else having trouble making changes to flights booked with points?

Online or the app, I keep getting a message that I need to call to make changes. I've talked to customer service for 40 minutes tonight and they couldn't seem to make changes either on their end. I'm also surprised the issue is still happening since it's been a few days now.

Wondering if this is a system issue or maybe related to something strange happening with flights booked as part of the recent 40% off sale? Or something else? 

Also wondering if there are ideas for other things to try to have the customer service reps try - I'll have to try to call them again tomorrow since the person today got stuck.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Errors changing points-booked flights

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jbtallchai wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble making changes to flights booked with points?

Online or the app, I keep getting a message that I need to call to make changes. I've talked to customer service for 40 minutes tonight and they couldn't seem to make changes either on their end. I'm also surprised the issue is still happening since it's been a few days now.

Wondering if this is a system issue or maybe related to something strange happening with flights booked as part of the recent 40% off sale? Or something else? 

Also wondering if there are ideas for other things to try to have the customer service reps try - I'll have to try to call them again tomorrow since the person today got stuck.

Are you in the middle of this trip, having completed one leg already?

Companion pass always causes issues as well.

Can you describe the change you are trying to make in a little more detail?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Errors changing points-booked flights

jbtallchai
Explorer C

No companion on the flights and they're all one ways. The only thing it seems is that it was connected with the recent CA promo of 40% off flights and are booked on points, but I've never experienced this before where you can't make changes or cancel. It's so odd too that customer service can't do it on their end