Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expiring luv voucher

NOLA1206
Explorer A

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help? I have an expiring luv voucher, but keep getting an error code when trying to access with voucher # and code. The notice is telling me to call, but there's no way I'm going to wait on hold for 3 hours.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Flo

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Expiring luv voucher

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@NOLA1206 wrote:

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help? I have an expiring luv voucher, but keep getting an error code when trying to access with voucher # and code. The notice is telling me to call, but there's no way I'm going to wait on hold for 3 hours.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Flo

First, verify that the voucher hasn't yet expired and still has funds available? You can check that here.

Then, keep in mind that your flight has to be completed before the expiration date of the voucher.

Make sure you're entering the voucher in the right place:

voucher.jpg

If this all checks out as correct, you'll unfortunately have no choice but to contact Customer Relations.

Contact Customer Relations 

NOLA1206
Explorer A

Hi, thank you for your reply, but I had already put the correct information in and was getting the error code. My original objective was to find out the expiration date and see if there was any monies left  I was really hoping not to have to call customer service and be on hold for hours and hours. Guess I'm out of luck. Thanks for your suggestion though

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Did the voucher come by email? If so, that should contain the expiration date.

People have been reporting better phone hold times in the last week. Good luck!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@NOLA1206 wrote:

My original objective was to find out the expiration date and see if there was any monies left   

If the voucher has expired or has no money left, you would get an error message.

bec102896
Aviator A

You can reach out to southwest on Facebook or Twitter and they can look up the voucher to see if it is expired or if the voucher was used. 

-Blake