Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

FOREVER of a wait time for group travel payment!

White390
Explorer C

I am trying to contact the group sales line and have been waiting for 2 hours on hold to pay the deposit!! This is RIDICULOUS! There has to be a better way! Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try? I have to pay it today or my flights will be canceled. This is for a high school group trip. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: FOREVER of a wait time for group travel payment!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I have heard the group office may only be staffed during normal business hours and that waits are traditionally pretty long. It does seem like a rather poor way to handle the situation. Sorry, no other suggestions.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: FOREVER of a wait time for group travel payment!

jksobonya
Aviator A

Group Travel Help Center

Looks like calling is the only way to make the initial payment but the final payment has other options: 

How do I make a payment?

Submit Deposit: A $50 per person deposit may be required to hold a reservation after your initial booking. Credit card is the only approved form of payment for the deposit. Payment may be made by calling 1-800-433-5368.

Submit Final Payment: If you have already submitted a complete name list (for International travel name templates must include Passport information), payment may be made by calling 1-800-433-5368 to pay over the phone, using a credit card, UATP, or PayPal before the final payment due date. If paying via wire transfer, please call or email GroupTravel@wnco.com at least seven business days before your final payment due date to receive the detailed instructions for sending your wire transfer.

--Jessica