Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

First Leg of tip completely canceled - best time to call Southwest to minimize wait time?

yeedog
Explorer C

I had the first leg of my trip completely cancelled.  My trip was MHT -> MDW -> LAS, but now it only shows MDW -> LAS. 

I tried using the website to change my flight at different times on different days but I always get an error and it says to call Southwest.   

The error is:

Sorry, we found some errors...

We are unable to process your request. Please try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines® Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

I've message them on all social media platforms and emailed them over a week ago and I get no response.  So I have to call to talk to somebody but ever time I call I get a message saying that it will be a multi-hour wait to talk to somebody. 

Is there an ideal time to call to minimize the waiting?   

9 REPLIES 9

Re: First Leg of tip completely canceled - best time to call Southwest to minimize wait time?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@yeedog wrote:

I had the first leg of my trip completely cancelled.  My trip was MHT -> MDW -> LAS, but now it only shows MDW -> LAS. 

I tried using the website to change my flight at different times on different days but I always get an error and it says to call Southwest.   

The error is:

Sorry, we found some errors...

We are unable to process your request. Please try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines® Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

I've message them on all social media platforms and emailed them over a week ago and I get no response.  So I have to call to talk to somebody but ever time I call I get a message saying that it will be a multi-hour wait to talk to somebody. 

Is there an ideal time to call to minimize the waiting?   

Try the cell app chat function RIGHT NOW

I just checked and there is NO wait.

Re: First Leg of tip completely canceled - best time to call Southwest to minimize wait time?

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Self service is always better with confirmation number on the webiste

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@CupCrusher40 wrote:

Self service is always better with confirmation number on the webiste

Not when it doesn't work.

bec102896
Aviator A

When this happens southwest will do your schedule change manually. This may take a few weeks but they will get you rebooked on a real flight. If you don't want to wait you can reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM or you can use the chat feature on the southwest app. 

-Blake

yeedog
Explorer C

Umm did you just read the title and reply? 

I explicitly said I have tried all of their social media for over a week and I never get a respond.  Social Media = Facebook/ Twitter DM/App Chat feature.

bec102896
Aviator A

And that's why I said if you wait a few weeks they will fix it manually. 

These schedule changes are done by a computer well as we know computers aren't perfect so now the human is having to fix the computers errors. 

Wait times are long on the phone that's why I say to keep trying on social if this change is urgent. 

-Blake

dfwskier
Aviator A

I just checked chat again. 4 people would have been in front of me. 

I'd do chat, but that's me.

Just sayin ...

jksobonya
Aviator A

This exact same thing - literally the exact same thing - happened to me when Southwest made their schedule changes for early November. I had a flight from LAS - MDW - PHL, got an email about a change, I was fine with it but the reservation only showed the MDW - PHL portion. I contacted them via Direct Message on Twitter and they fixed it with 90 minutes - and moved me to a better flight at my suggestion.

If they didn’t respond to your DM, make sure it has all the relevant details (confirmation #, what flight is missing & mention the flight #s) and also send them a tweet asking to check their DMs for the relevant information about what happened & what needs correcting.

—Jessica 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

FYI: It's been widely reported that Twitter and Facebook DM replies from Southwest are taking much longer than "usual" these days. For many it's taking a week or so to get a real response (there are auto-replies sent initially), and for some, they've not received any reply at all, even to follow-up messages.

The chat function, when available, seems to be the best route at the moment.