Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

First leg of flight cancelled with no notification and now on hold forever

hesterjay
New Arrival

I love Southwest Airlines but this is nuts. Just logged in to check my summer itinerary and the first leg from our home airport vanished! I have the confirmation email that shows the first leg but never received any notification that this leg was cancelled. Now I am on a 172 minute hold to try and fix it. Why wouldn't Southwest contact flyers for such a major shift? I get an email for a slight change in time but to eliminate a flight altogether?!?!?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: First leg of flight cancelled with no notification and now on hold forever

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@hesterjay wrote:

I love Southwest Airlines but this is nuts. Just logged in to check my summer itinerary and the first leg from our home airport vanished! I have the confirmation email that shows the first leg but never received any notification that this leg was cancelled. Now I am on a 172 minute hold to try and fix it. Why wouldn't Southwest contact flyers for such a major shift? I get an email for a slight change in time but to eliminate a flight altogether?!?!?

You  should have gotten an e-mail. Why didn't you? Good question.

HANG UP and use twitter, facebbook or e-mail instead. 

See Contact Us below

jksobonya
Rising Star

@dfwskier wrote:

You  should have gotten an e-mail. Why didn't you? Good question.

E-mails are sent 99% of the time, but there is the 1% chance that Southwest does not send e-mails when flights are changed - normally when routes are cut completely. I've had it happen to me twice in the past year. 

To the OP: definitely contact Southwest via social media channels through Direct Message and explain the situation. They will be able to help. 

--Jessica

parpitt1

Try the other options listed but check your spam filter, since it is an automated email maybe it got trapped in a filter?

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

The schedule changes are being made in batches, and the notifications sometimes lag, and arrive a day or two later.