Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight 2492 to Las Vegas canceled

Explorer C

My husband and I had an entire dinner and evening planned in Las Vegas tonight for our anniversary. Unfortunately he has to leave out early the next morning so this whole trip was centered this Valentines dinner. After we parked at the airport to head to our flight we got a text that the flight was canceled. 

SWA booked us on another flight that would get us in close to 11pm and after getting our rental car it would be midnight. We miss our Valentines anniversary dinner. Not worth going if we miss our entire reason for going and have to leave first thing in the morning. My question is we are on a companion pass promo that ends March 4, and also booked this a month ago on a very reasonable sale. Would SWA rebook out to a future date keeping the same fare and companion ticket?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Flight 2492 to Las Vegas canceled

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of your trouble.

Because SW cancelled your flight,

SW will allow you to reschedule on the same routing within the next 14 days at no cost.  

Outside of that, all airlines basically handle it in the same way: Fare is set at the date time the reservation is made. The CP expiration date would not be waived.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If cancellation was not due to weather you may also be able to get a voucher as compensation for your trouble.  Used with the refund you are entitled to, you may have enough to cover the companion fare cost after your companion pass expires.  Hopefully you can find another good deal and make a trip in the near future.

--TheMiddleSeat

Explorer C

Thanks for the info!  Very helpful.

❤️ the name middle seat

Explorer C

Thank you!