Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Setting Horrible Example During COVID-19 Precautions

COKahuna
Explorer C

I'm Southwest's #1 fan and fly you guys all the time. However, I have a beef with your COVID-19 precautions and how one crew member set a horrible example.  I was on flight 539 to Seattle on 10/9/2020 and one of the fight attendants sat one the arm rest of the aisle seat next to my wife and I, facing away from us, chatting at length to the people in the row next to us. The issue I have is he had is mask down in very close proximity to us. He was not eating or drinking anything that I witnessed and even if he was he shouldn't be in our space.  

If you want more business, this isn't the way to go about it. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flight Attendant Setting Horrible Example During COVID-19 Precautions

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Since this is a customer to customer forum, if you would like to make a comment to Southwest regarding crew you should contact customer relations.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Flight Attendant Setting Horrible Example During COVID-19 Precautions

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Good comment.  I think I would be as concerned about his BUTT, being on the arm of the seat facing towards me as the mask lowered.  But since many employees read comments on this forum, hopefully, they can take note to spread the word....The arm of the chair is not a BUTT rest, and when talking, please keep your mask up.