Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Cancellations and Rescheduling

whpress
Explorer C

Yes, as we come out of Covid, Southwest does seem to be cancelling flights and making ridiculously inconvenient rebookings MORE than other airlines.

After they've done this to me three times with IMPOSSIBLE new schedules, I've had to book several upcoming business trips on American.  Too bad -- I prefer Southwest -- but they are just not treating us passengers right on this.

RHallmark
Explorer C

I have now had a March flight, an upcoming May flight and a June flight all rescheduled.  That is 3 out of 7 for this time frame.

samurphy1
Explorer C

I have experienced a ton of drops , and with ZERO communication from SWA.  I have been flying SWA since 1994 out of love field when I lived in Dallas, I am a frequent A lister and traditionally fly over 300K miles a year over my top 3 carriers. I have had all the majors change schedules on me on the last 12 months, but the always send me an email giving notice. What I am seeing with SWA is flights removed and readied numerous times, or worst of all the second leg of a flight gets changed and it simply gets dropped from the itinerary, no call, no email, nothing, just gone.  The only way I know is by keeping a close eye on open trips , checking every week for dropped flights, and then when you call to fix it they say  , 'check the schedule' or maybe at best you get a " sorry its the computer and it happens a lot" Thats it , no real empathy that you are going to miss a wedding, or a business opportunity, no hey we are sorry here is 1000 points. The most shocking thing about it is that it is so unlike Southwest ! Blows my mind. I hope they figure it out soon.