Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Has Been Canceled

andresymond
Explorer C

Hello, 

Southwest canceled my flight for today. No other flights were available today to my destination. I have a few questions

Unable to get through on the phone. No flights are available on the app. The chat function on the website goes to a bot. How do I actually talk to someone that works for Southwest? 

-Do I need to go on the apps and cancel the reservation even though SW canceled it? 
-if I do that, will it show that I canceled and not SW? 
-my understanding is that if an airline cancels your flight you are entitled to cashback, not travel funds. Is that correct? 
-what about my returning flight? I no longer need it if I can’t get to my destination. Will SW refund money for that also? 
I have lost all faith in SW today. Please resolve this issue. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Flight Has Been Canceled

dfwskier
Aviator A

@andresymond wrote:

Hello, 

Southwest canceled my flight for today.

Sorry to hear that. 

No other flights were available today to my destination. I have a few questions

Since Southwest normally reschedules people when this type of thing happens, the first thing to establish is whether or not that happened here, and determine the details. 

Unable to get through on the phone. No flights are available on the app. The chat function on the website goes to a bot. How do I actually talk to someone that works for Southwest? 

You could try twitter or facebook. They normally work pretty well. Click on "contact us" below for details.

-Do I need to go on the apps and cancel the reservation even though SW canceled it? 
-if I do that, will it show that I canceled and not SW? 

You should be able to establish that SW cancelled first.

-my understanding is that if an airline cancels your flight you are entitled to cashback, not travel funds. Is that correct? 

Sort of. The rule is that the refund would be to the original form of payment. So credit card to credit card or travel fund to travel fund.

-what about my returning flight? I no longer need it if I can’t get to my destination. Will SW refund money for that also? 

I believe that if you have a round trip ticket, than the refund would apply to both

I have lost all faith in SW today. Please resolve this issue. 

Since this is a customer forum, things like this do not get "resolved" here. You have to work thru the airline.

Unfortunately, all airlines cancel flights every day. There are likely thousand, tens of thousands, or even more people, like you,  that have had or will have their flights cancelled today..American does it, so do United,  Delta and Spirit - they all do.

Today, you just happen to be one of them.

I hope things work out for you.