Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight cancelation

Aglaser
Explorer C

Hi. My flight was canceled this morning. We had to wake up at 345 for this flight. We were automatically booked in a much later flight which we cannot take. We must be in Chicago today. I’ve been on hold waiting for customer service to pick up for 2 hours. How can I get a human to speak with. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight cancelation

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest has been having major system problems for days. It is disrupting travel plans for lots of people and likely thousands are trying to call. It will be difficult to speak to a human,

absent sitting on hold for hours and risking disconnection and having to start the process all over  again.

You can try to fix this yourself. Since Southwest cancelled your flight, it will allow you to change to any other flight with available seats (regardless of cost)  between your original two cities - at no additional cost.. Log on to Southwest.com to see if there are any flights that suit you, and if so, snag the seats.

If you really need  to contact Southwest click on "contact us" below and pick one of the non phone options.

If Southwest can't do what you need done, perhaps another airline can.

Since Southwest cancelled your flight, you are eligible for a refund of the ticket price back to your original form of payment.

Hope it works out for you.

kdbonds
Explorer C

Was this the flight out of Cincinnati? What a nightmare either way. I had my bags checked at the gate and all of the sudden CANCELLED. I had to buy a tix with another carrier so I could get where I was going. I have reached out via email twice and have not heard a peep from anyone. Calling is a no go with the wait time. I was able to recover my luggage only because I knew someone that worked at the airport and they walked in gathered my stuff and left so now I have to have it shipped since I am still waiting for the actual Southwest Luggage office atthe airport to call me about the status after peaking to them face to face. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Aglaser wrote:

Hi. My flight was canceled this morning. We had to wake up at 345 for this flight. We were automatically booked in a much later flight which we cannot take. We must be in Chicago today. I’ve been on hold waiting for customer service to pick up for 2 hours. How can I get a human to speak with. Thanks. 

Hopefully something worked out @Aglaser but in a scenario where you have to travel the best advice is get on the phone on the way to the airport, then you can double your chances with a live person to help you as well as phone, and also try Twitter and in-app chat.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.