Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight cancelled again!

rfeliciano21
Explorer B

Our re-booked flight was cancelled yet again after 4 hours of waiting at the gate, with hopes of finding crew members to work our flight, it was cancelled. Got in a long line to try and re-book a third time, (me and my kids have been in Denver since 12/24 at 2pm arriving from Norfolk, Virginia) an agent announced that no flights will be leaving Denver today (12/26) if trying to re-book cancelled flights. The system kept crashing and re-booting. I can't even get through the phone lines.

My trip through Denver was only supposed to last 2 hours and connect to San Diego. We've now been here 2 days. I wish there was some kind of hotel compensation from Southwest, but nothing. My relatives are now leaving San Diego to drive to Denver and pick us up, so here we are back at a hotel, waiting for check in for another nights stay.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Flight cancelled again!

3-10
Adventurer C

If you need something to do, take the kids to “Lava Island.” It is 17 miles from the airport, but remember that Peńa Blvd is like 9 miles. 

Take a hotel shuttle from their airport to the hotel, get an Uber there. It is $11 an hour for the kids. They’ll love it. 

rfeliciano21
Explorer B

I'll look into that. Thank you for the recommendation!

3-10
Adventurer C

Taking a shuttle to a hotel half way down Peńa will cut the cost of the Uber/taxi. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Depending on which credit card you used to book the flights there may be some reimbursement for expenses there. Something to check out. Definitely keep track of all expenses. 

--TheMiddleSeat