Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight change need to cancel

lykln
Explorer C

I was notified my flight was no longer available, I was moved to a different flight. It went from a 4 hour flight to 2 stops and a 7.5 hour flight. Will not work for me due to connecting travel plans. I am unable to change it online. ! have now been on hold for 2 hours and 10 mins with customer service. Does anyone ever answer the phone ? Help...no other way to get a hold of customer service. I am not impressed

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight change need to cancel

Wilmamae9139
Explorer C

ME TOO!!!! SAME BOAT!!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@lykln wrote:

I was notified my flight was no longer available, I was moved to a different flight. It went from a 4 hour flight to 2 stops and a 7.5 hour flight. Will not work for me due to connecting travel plans. I am unable to change it online. ! have now been on hold for 2 hours and 10 mins with customer service. Does anyone ever answer the phone ? Help...no other way to get a hold of customer service. I am not impressed

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, with less people flying due to the pandemic, Southwest has reduced their flight schedule, which results in a lot of flight changes. 😞

Instead of waiting on hold, try contacting Customer Relations via direct message on Twitter or Facebook. If you look online at the flight schedule ahead of time you might be able to find a flight that works better for you, which will also be helpful when you reach an agent.

Good luck!

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Wow, this seems to be the topic tonight, so I guess my flight change was a part of a Southwest conspiracy theory to frustrate all its customers hoping that nobody will fly with them again.  NOT!!  We all have our own story, maybe on this change, (I've had 3) it's not so bad, just an additional 2.5 hours and a connecting flight as opposed to the non-stop I had.  But in doing so, I'm thinking that SW Airlines has had to in turn possibly put in limbo several pilots, flight attendants, and who knows how many more people because of fewer flights.  I chose to sympathies with them instead of being occupied with my own frustration that neither I nor SW can control.  I do appreciate your issue and hope you take the advice given of who to contact and possibly get a better resolution.  And another FYI.  Over the past 2 months, I bet I've made at least 20 calls to business or services in which all have prefaced me with, during the time we are experiencing our highest volume of calls, please be patient.  I know nothing I said means anything to you, but just like you, I needed to get it off my chest.  I wish you the best.