Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight change

Ladyfrost2
Explorer C

My flight was changed from a one stop to a two stop. Buffalo to Tampa May 13th 2021.  The second stop has us sitting on the plane in CT for what looks like hours before actually heading to Tampa. Can someone please explain this to me? Especially during a pandemic? I’m hoping I’m reading this wrong...

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight change

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Ladyfrost2 wrote:

My flight was changed from a one stop to a two stop. Buffalo to Tampa May 13th 2021.  The second stop has us sitting on the plane in CT for what looks like hours before actually heading to Tampa. Can someone please explain this to me? Especially during a pandemic? I’m hoping I’m reading this wrong...

Airlines rebook passengers all the time - for a whole host of reasons. sometimes the rebooking seems to not make sense.

Since southwest changed your flight, it will allow you a no cost change to any flight that has open seats -- regardless of the cost of those seats. So you can change to any Buffalo/Tampa

flight either on your original day of travel or a few days before or after that date.

Look at the flight schedule and see if there is something better. If not, keep looking  because people cancel flights all the time, so something better might open in the future -- maybe even on the flight you were originally scheduled to be on.

Pmfullagar
Explorer C

The original flight is still listed on the website! The changed flights are not!

jksobonya
Aviator A

There's nothing wrong - schedules change, especially with the pandemic and an increase or decrease in demand based on location. I am sure you can get off the plane at your second stop if you have a several hour layover.

--Jessica