Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight not showing on SW schedule

Lpie
Explorer C

We booked a flight several months ago to Las Vegas for August 2022.  SW subsequently made a change in our departure/flight number/connecting flight and route and sent us an email with the new flight information.  However, when I look at the flights out scheduled for this day, this new flight number and time is not even shown as one of the departing flights out of our city.  I called SW and the woman I spoke with had no explanation as to why it wasn’t showing up as a flight.  There are several other flights shown, but ours in not one of them.  Do I need to be concerned?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Flight not showing on SW schedule

jksobonya
Aviator A

I would be concerned, as sometimes Southwest does make mistakes and the flight(s) they think they changed you to might not exist or might have nonexistent or impossible connections. I once had a flight change where my "connecting" flight arrived after my connection departed 😂 So if your flights do not look right to you, ask Southwest to make it right; you are allowed a one time change for free, and especially considering if Southwest made a mistake changing/updating your reservation, they will correct it at no cost. 

--Jessica

Lpie
Explorer C

Thanks I will give them a call again.  

Lpie
Explorer C

You were correct.  When I finally got someone from SW on the line, she told me the flight that they had changed us to does not exist.  She put us back on our original flight schedule.  She said that sometimes it is a computer generated change.  Makes no sense to me.  She said if I had not recontacted them we would have gotten to the airport with no flight scheduled.  

bec102896
Aviator A

From time to time southwest will make a change to a flight that will operate but it’s only given out to those with a schedule change but you can’t book it as a one way reservation. 

here’s what I would do look up each of your flights individually meaning if you are going from MCO to AUS with a connection in say HOU search MCO HOU and HOU AUS to see if both of your flights still exist that way. 

the rebooking system is very weird but I have seen this happen in cities where not many flights exist