Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight using points & gift card cancelled

julieschow
Explorer C

Just happened to log in & notice our flights for June have been canceled. 

My flight shows my travel funds, but my daughters flight which we used points & gift cards to purchase are not reflecting anything. My points have not had the amount used to purchase added back in. 

Also- when we reschedule, will there be any price guarantee that we will not have to pay more than what we paid for the original flight?  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Flight using points & gift card cancelled

bec102896
Aviator A

I would reach out to Southwest on Twitter, Facebook, or the in app chat feature to see about rebooking or to request a refund and they can see about getting the points back in to your account. 

If you want to rebook I would have a date in mind and hopefully they can do an even exchange since your original fight was cancelled by Southwest. 

-Blake

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@julieschow wrote:

Just happened to log in & notice our flights for June have been canceled. 

My flight shows my travel funds, but my daughters flight which we used points & gift cards to purchase are not reflecting anything. My points have not had the amount used to purchase added back in. 

Also- when we reschedule, will there be any price guarantee that we will not have to pay more than what we paid for the original flight?  

Are you sure of how you booked your daughter's flight? You can't actually combine points with gift cards (or any other form of payment) when booking -- it's points only per flight.

As noted above, you'll need to call. If you have new dates in mind they can rebook you at no additional cost (up to 60 days out).

If you decide not to reschedule, you are entitled to a full refund (since Southwest canceled your flights). That would be back to your credit card for flights paid that way, redeposited points for points bookings, and unfortunately travel funds for the gift card portion, if used.

julieschow
Explorer C

Sorry, I should have clarified... used points for her trip down & gift card for her flight back. had to pay the fee using points as well & I do not see a credit for that either. full credit for them canceling should be full refund. I am cool using travel funds!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Ah, understood. If you don't need the refund and are good with travel funds that's great -- those will have the extended expiration date of June 30, 2021. You should still followup and make sure everything is accounted for. Good luck!