Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Forced flight changes common practice?

swa-suck-it

Are you qualified to make legitimate comments about all other airlines?

bec102896
Top Contributor

@swa-suck-it wrote:

Are you qualified to make legitimate comments about all other airlines?

I've had flights with Southwest, Delta, United, and Frontier during covid and all have had schedule changes before and during travel this will happen when covid is gone and years later too because stuff happens with all airlines if a major change happens you can reach out to them for help to get a better flight each airline has a different policy on major change. 

swa-suck-it

Your anecdotes aren’t helpful.  People should be permitted to have some control over their lives, and the reason for these multiple changes is to make sure they get maximum money.  
As a physician who has been traveling to care for critical care patients in places with need, I have found their service atrocious, and their excuses to be ridiculous.

swa-suck-it

007 - I’ll use YOUR terminology:

Not sure why people go through all that trouble and time to post something, yet never return to reply to responses.

Why don’t you respond 007???

Tbonney4
New Arrival

I agree with everything you said. Southwest Airlines has turned into crooks. My return flight from Vegas was changed from a 3 hour direct flight to a 6.5 hour connecting flight in LA. Then it was changed a 2nd time to a 7 hr and 15 2 stops connecting in Salt Lake City Utah and Denver.  My flight is returning to Midway in Chicago. This is ridiculous. My flights were booked back in May and SW notified me in August. Weeks later they still were selling direct flights to Vegas for a lot more money. They are changing people flights because they over sold the plane. I’m sure the people who paid the lowest fares are the one whose flight got changed. This should be illegal. Needless to say I’m forced to cancel my flight to Vegas.

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@Tbonney4 wrote:

. They are changing people flights because they over sold the plane. I’m sure the people who paid the lowest fares are the one whose flight got changed. This should be illegal. Needless to say I’m forced to cancel my flight to Vegas.
1) if Southwest changes
your flight, Southwest allows you to change ( at no cost) to a better flight if one has seats available regardless of the cost of those seats

2) Southwest DOES NOT overbook flights. It stopped doing that years ago. Now if some has a seat on a plane that seats175 people, and the airline, for whatever reason, has to use a smaller plane, then the airline would potentially have to rebook some passengers, but this is not overbooking