Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: GOOD FAITH REFUNDS FOR COVID-19 ON SOUTHWEST

KellyB44
Explorer C

Thank you for all of your answers.

Anyway, another good reason not to try to use these credits this summer is that many flights are currently being delayed and cancelled constantly. Everyone I know who is trying to get here for my aunt’s funeral via flying is concerned, and one family member’s Southwest flight is currently set to arrive at 3 am when it was originally scheduled to arrive at 11:40, and this certainly could change further with the flight being cancelled.

My sister is a flight attendant (not for SW)  and passengers have called her names and taken out their frustration on her about this lately.

I appreciate your advice.

As for your telling me to “stop it,” please be aware that I’m not saying the pandemic is the same as it was two years ago, but it is still happening and people are still dying. For me and my family, this has been a factor. I am glad things are not the same as they were and hope they continue to improve.

I appreciate all that you’ve shared with me and hope you have a good rest of your day!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@KellyB44 sounds like you're trying to find any excuse to stay home. Feel free to send me the vouchers since you are intent on letting them expire.

--TheMiddleSeat

KellyB44
Explorer C

I truly am not looking for excuses not to travel.

It’s been confusing and frustrating trying to get my husband to take a trip involving flights with our kids, and I cannot make unilateral decisions concerning my family’s finances and lives.

I tried to figure out a way for us to take a family trip with flights this summer, but such a trip with all related expenses doesn’t work.

The vouchers offer much more flexibility, though!

They don’t have to be used for us and our three kids; just one or two people could use them.

The trip we originally planned is not a common occurrence for us; it’s one thing to drive somewhere, but quite another to fly a family of five somewhere tied to a hotel or Air Bnb/VRBO and rental car. 

Therefore, what you’ve shared changes everything. I will confirm with SW. I’ve still not received an answer despite sending the email over 10 days ago. I will use the link on this page and call to confirm what you told me.

You also point out that I could even use them for other people, like my parents.

Thank you again.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you want any chance of being taken seriously, please fix your caps lock. 

--TheMiddleSeat

luvswa123456
Explorer B

PLEASE STOP BULLYING PEOPLE WHO POST!

ANOTHER SPIN REPLY BY THE SOUTHWEST USUAL POSTERS!
JUST OFFER A REFUND FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT!
ITS A PANDEMIC! GREED SHOULD BE SOUTHWEST'S MOTTO!
BUT GO AHEAD, SHOT THE MESSENGER!

bec102896
Aviator A

If Southwest cancels your flight before you cancel you can reach out to Southwest to request a refund. One thing to keep in mind when reaching out I highly suggest TURNING OFF YOUR INNER CAPS LOCK as the agent you will get didn't choose to cancel your flight. 

Should you want to request an exception for a refund because you cancelled I would suggest the same because talking in ALL CAPS usually won't solve any problems. 

luvswa123456
Explorer B

PLEASE STOP BULLYING PEOPLE WHO POST!

MeddleSeat
Explorer A

Awesome Post. Middle Seat gets perks from Sw to bully you. I have been banned by SW for putting light what they hide. i just wanted my $659.00 fare refunded but didnt read the fine print drafted probably by 200 lawyer son their payroll. My flight was lowered to $99.00 & it may have been canceled? They wear your down & work w you're $. I may contact my Senator & a senior citizen group(if you use the name of the group  Nicole Ashley the SW monitor(like Judy on Leave it to Beaver the class canary) will censor you. They really have hot an all time low putting the Customer Service labor on the Customer. They won't hire more customer service people so you give up after 2 hrs and your $ is still in their lock box. Why that arrogant contributor could insult you by saying your caps button was locked but if you called him a shameless Yes Man for Southwest you d be banned. SW is kind of like the Politburo of the old USSR and their blog is like TASS the old Soviet New Agency . Hope you get to read this before Ashley finds it

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

This is a duplicate post. See here.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

luvswa123456
Explorer B

ITS A PANDEMIC! GREED SHOULD BE SOUTHWEST'S MOTTO!