Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Getting error message "We are unable to locate any funds" when trying to book flight

Joannabanana
Explorer C

I am so frustrated! I'm trying to apply my travel funds while booking a flight on the mobile app but I keep getting "We can't locate ..." (see subject) I can see funds when in my account. THEY DO EXIST! My first name has a space and I noticed only the first part of name is shown, so I even tried that, using the confirmation # contained in my Travel Funds acct. STILL NO LUCK. I want to take advantage of the SAVE50 sale and only have until tomorrow.  With the S%#tshow going on now at Southwest, it's impossible to contact them. Even my Twitter DM was answered by a bot telling me either wait a few days or try the mobile app. Yeah, thanks for the suggestion 😞  I Waited two hours on phone then hung up! Unfortunately,  I can't retrieve my original email confirmation so I can check exactly how my info is spelled. 

Can anyone help??? Many thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Getting error message "We are unable to locate any funds" when trying to book flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You could attempt guessing the various name combinations that you might have used in this tool which is setup to check value of travel funds.

https://www.southwest.com/travel-funds/

You may also have an easier time booking while logged out of your RR account if the name you are attempting to use is different than the name on the RR account.  Middle name or lack of a middle name is a common issue, but it sounds like your first name with a space in it is probably the culprit.  Good luck

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Getting error message "We are unable to locate any funds" when trying to book flight

Joannabanana
Explorer C
Thanks for your reply. I had already tried both your suggestions with no luck. But I figured out a way to outsmart the system. First I tried changing my name in the mobile app to what was on the funds page. But no luck as the RR# name and funds name didn't match. So I logged out of everything and went to southwest.com and DIDN'T sign in. I went through the manual steps of filling out the application. But I changed my name to the truncated one so it would match the funds. success!! The only problem is that my plane ticket will have the wrong name and won't match my ID. But I have until October to straighten that out with SW. In the meantime, I got my discount, my flight booked and I verified that the rest of my funds are there! Woo Hoo! Thanks for your help.

strgth
Adventurer B

I had same issue this morning. Last name was missing a space in RR account. I called Customer Relations and within 10 minutes, they modified the last name in RR account and I was able to apply travel funds. I called around 6:30am ET. I too was trying to book a SAVE50 flight before the promo ends tomorrow.

Joannabanana
Explorer C

Impressive that you got it fixed within 10 minutes. I figured it out (both the RR# name and funds name must match. ) see above to see how I solved it.

Glad you're getting to travel again! Happy and safe trip to you!

Ehuang24
Explorer C

Wow, looks like this is a 3 year old bug. Just hit this trying to apply travel funds that could not be found because first name contains a space.

Ticket was booked with RR account that has the correct name. There is NO REASON it should not be able to match funds to the account. It should be looking up by RR account if the website can't figure out how to compare a space. So frustrated that I had to log out and use the WRONG first name in order to apply funds which were originally booked with the correct name. Tomorrow, I will have to call customer service to see if they can fix the name to match ID.

floridaguy
Aviator C

There are no "bugs" - they are programming faults due to either lack of testing or lack of forethought.

I detest the use of the word "bug" as it lacks accountability.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Ehuang24 wrote:

Ticket was booked with RR account that has the correct name. There is NO REASON it should not be able to match funds to the account. It should be looking up by RR account if the website can't figure out how to compare a space. So frustrated that I had to log out and use the WRONG first name in order to apply funds which were originally booked with the correct name.

no, the ticket was booked with whatever name YOU typed in. There is no system bug, but there is a bug in your typing ability.