Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Group travel cancellation due to Corona Virus Travel Restrictions

reedcin
Explorer C

I have been trying to get thru to group travel for days to find out if there will be any ability to change travel dates given the current Corona Virus outbreak and CDC recommendations. We will be able to postpone our mission trip for up to a year as the group we were going thru has postponed all international mission trips at this time.  Can you please post something on your page regarding what Southwest will be willing to do. I have been calling for a week now trying to actually speak with someone as I'm sure everyone else has. Our travel is not until April but want to make sure if there are steps I can take that I do what is needed.  Even an email address for group travel would be helpful so that we/they could contact someone or make some type of post or announcement on the group travel page.  We are all trying to keep up with this rapidly changing situation and any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Group travel cancellation due to Corona Virus Travel Restrictions

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If your travel is not until April WAIT, don't do anything yet. This is a very fluid situation and it may be beneficial to wait and see what happens. If travel restrictions went into place and your flight is canceled that may allow for a cash refund instead of you requesting a policy exception. Wait times should also be be improved as time goes by. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Group travel cancellation due to Corona Virus Travel Restrictions

bec102896
Aviator A

Because Southwest just released the schedule for tickets though October and because of the current situation with COVID-19 the call volumes are very high. 

My suggestion would be to call right when the groups department opens so you can be one of the first in the que or I'd wait a week to let things hopefully settle down a little and maybe hold times won't be as bad. 

-Blake