Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Had to rebook flights twice in 2020, now funds expire 3-12-21. Any way to extend the expiration?

pampatino
Explorer C

I bought a flight a year ago, and had to reschedule twice due to COVID.  Now my funds expire in a few weeks.  Any suggestions on getting my expiration date extended?  This seems unfair.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Had to rebook flights twice in 2020, now funds expire 3-12-21. Any way to extend the expiration

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@pampatino wrote:

I bought a flight a year ago, and had to reschedule twice due to COVID.  Now my funds expire in a few weeks.  Any suggestions on getting my expiration date extended?  This seems unfair.

Unfortunately, no. Southwest only offered covid accommodations March 1 - September 7, 2020. That accommodation didn't really help those customers who rebooked their flights, often multiple times, in good faith and hoping to actually travel. 😞

Your one option might be to request reissue of your funds as a Voucher after they're expired. There's a fee of $100 per fund/passenger so this may or may not be feasible. You have 6 months from expiration in which to make the request, and the Voucher will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue, usable by anyone, but only for the airfare portion of travel (not any taxes or fees).

To make the request, reach out to Customer Relations after expiration (I recommend via Twitter or Facebook direct message.)

Contact Customer Relations