Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Having doubts about reservations recently made

jigger1
Explorer C

My wife and I haven't flown with SW in a several years. Yesterday I found a really inexpensive Rt fare from Logan Int'l to Aruba, albeit there's a 2 hour layover in Baltimore on the way down and a 1 hour on the way back. After making the reservation, I started getting messages from friends telling us to cancel our reservations with SW because of the horrible experiences they have had lately. I went on Trip Advisor only to read numerous similar complaints. Complaints ranged from flights being rescheduled hours before departure; extremely rude and uncaring flight crews; flights being rerouted; and the boarding cattle calls - just to name a few. This isn't the SW we remember. Please assure my wife and I that we haven't made a mistake by booking our RT with SW.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Having doubts about reservations recently made

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jigger1 wrote:

My wife and I haven't flown with SW in a several years. Yesterday I found a really inexpensive Rt fare from Logan Int'l to Aruba, albeit there's a 2 hour layover in Baltimore on the way down and a 1 hour on the way back. After making the reservation, I started getting messages from friends telling us to cancel our reservations with SW because of the horrible experiences they have had lately. I went on Trip Advisor only to read numerous similar complaints. Complaints ranged from flights being rescheduled hours before departure; extremely rude and uncaring flight crews; flights being rerouted; and the boarding cattle calls - just to name a few. This isn't the SW we remember. Please assure my wife and I that we haven't made a mistake by booking our RT with SW.

You are seeing that stuff on all airlines.

IMO, less on Southwest than the rest.

The virus did it.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Keep in mind the majority of people on all airlines have good experiences yet you rarely see anyone post positive comments.  No one says, "flight left on time and arrived as scheduled".  I do think most of Southwest's flight schedule changes are completed so you should be fine.  Enjoy Aruba, it's a great little island.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

I don't see the layovers as a problem and if you got a good deal on the flights I wouldn't worry about it all. Southwest is pretty much the only airline I fly and I've flown several times since the pandemic with no issues at all. And I'm flying again this weekend, and next weekend too.

--Jessica

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I would second the other replies in general, BUT I would have a concerns about connecting flights to a small international destination, (not so much a SW issue) If your Logan to BWI flight is delayed, the flight to Aruba is going to leave without you. Given the more limited flight schedules currently in place this could mean no more flights to Aruba that day. So you lose a day in Aruba and you're angry at SW for something that may or may not have been in their control.

Your mileage may vary but I would want more layover time to make sure I am at the gate in BWI, or simply fly direct out of Logan ( I believe Jet Blue does?)