Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Heart of Love

Kizzy3333
Explorer C

Hello community and Friends

My daughter is in the hospital and she's 27 years old with congenital heart disease she's been a fighter all her life in and out of the hospital flatline two or three times. But unfortunately her heart has got the worst ever she is currently in Portland on the heart transplant list in California waiting for a heart when this heart becomes available and me and her three siblings need to fly down to California immediately it is a 10-hour procedure and we want to be there when she opens her eyes we are asking for help for 4 open-ended airline tickets Lord knows any help that's available it is TRULY GRATEFUL.

I know I'm asking a lot but I'm just being honest truthful and pouring my heart out so if there's anyone out there that can help thank you and thank you just for taking the time to read this message

Sincerely,

Heart Of Love

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Heart of Love

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I wish you and your family the best, but this is not the appropriate place to ask for donations.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Heart of Love

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Thanks for reaching out, @Kizzy3333

We are so sorry to learn of these unfortunate circumstances, and our heart goes out to your family.  While we certainly understand your desire for us to donate tickets, our charitable budget is designated to support IRS-designated 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations. We would love  to respond affirmatively to every donation request we receive, but over the years, we’ve found it necessary to narrow our charitable focus in order to sustain a profit and maintain our vitality as an airline. We'll be praying for a short time on the waitlist and a swift recovery for your daughter.

Sincerely,

Nicole
Community Manager