Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hold Times Increasing

cbw1014
Explorer C

I have been on hold for 40 minutes.  Not as long as most, I get that.  My frustration is that my hold time estimate has gone from 77 minuets to 107 so far.  Increasing not decreasing?  On top of that 2 emails have gone unanswered by customer support, so obviously waiting on the line is the only option.  SWA is failing in this department. So disappointed.  I just need to find out where our vacation travel funds are.  They cancelled our trip due to covid last year, but the only thing we got refunded/travel credit for was the flight portion.  That is less than half the funds.  I just want to talk to someone!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hold Times Increasing

bec102896
Aviator A

I would try reaching out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter and they can assist. 

Southwest just made schedule changes this past week so tons of people are calling that's why hold times are so long and with hold times increasing that can be due to agents going offline or calls being longer than normal as well as A List customers who call in will get priority. 

-Blake

cbw1014
Explorer C

I appreciate the response but that is not an acceptable answer for SWA to provide customers (I know you are not SWA). If this is what the situation is, then they should be hiring temp staff until they can handle the call load.  I am now at 1:20 minutes and the hold went down to 72 minutes and now back up to 102.  If they would actually respond to email then we wouldn't be here.  I would like to use the credit to travel with them but if this is the experience with them, then I will request refund and take business elsewhere.  So unfortunate because I love SWA otherwise, but  paying customers don't deserve this hassle.

I appreciate the advise I have reached out on Facebook and now waiting there too.  It says they are "very responsive" to messages on FB but that is only because they have an automated response immediately but not an actual live person.  Fingers crossed they maybe respond there.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@cbw1014 wrote:

I So disappointed.  I just need to find out where our vacation travel funds are.  They cancelled our trip due to covid last year, but the only thing we got refunded/travel credit for was the flight portion.  That is less than half the funds.  I just want to talk to someone!

So you booked a vacation package???

if so you booked with southwest vacations (AKA Apple Leisure Group) a different company than southwest. The firm does business with lots of airlines.

my understanding is that Southwest AIRLINES would provide a travel fund for the flight portion while Southwest VACATIONS would refund the rest. If you got the travel fund, but not the rest, you should be talking to Southwest Vacations.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-contact-Southwest-Vacations/ta-p/108332

cbw1014
Explorer C

That is the number I am on hold with

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that.

Apple Leisure has a nasty reputation. I would personally never do business with the firm.

the link I provided does give a street address you could mail to. I would send via certified mail so you can prove delivery. 

Again, Southwest Airlines is not jerking you around. Apple Leisure Group (Southwest Vacations) is.