Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Horrible Customer Service

marcustowens79
Explorer C

I booked an airfare for two, hotel, and a rental car package deal with Southwest Airlines to Texas for the dates of 11/24/2022- 11/26/2022 which I choose the option to pay with a payment plan option Southwest Airlines provided through Uplift as a third party company at the time of purchase. On 11/24/2022, upon arriving at Motel 6 my 14 y/o daughter and I chose to stay at another hotel due to the poor sanitary/living conditions of the motel booked. Although disappointed by the roo, I was able to get a refund receipt from the hotel manager immediately. However, after multiple unsuccessful attempts of calling Southwest Airlines, I have not been able to get anyone from Southwest Airlines to even return my call or respond via email. I have been told multiple times by Uplift, the third party payment plan company, that Southwest Airlines needs to refund the funds from there end. In the mean time, after almost 6 months and repeated attempts to get someone on the phone/email, o one has returned my calls and nothing has been done to rectify this issue. Now my card is at risk of being charged for things I never used. Unhappy Customer

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Horrible Customer Service

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you booked a package you did not book it with Southwest Airlines, you booked it with Southwest Vacations.  Southwest Vacations is not part of, owned by, operated by, or managed by Southwest Airlines.  Since you had no complaints about your flight which was operated by Southwest Airlines you should contact Southwest Vacations.  Be warned though, their customer service does not have a good reputation and I along with many others in this Community discourage people from booking with Southwest Vacations.

How do I contact Southwest Vacations®? 

--TheMiddleSeat

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@marcustowens79 You booked a room at a Motel 6, and you expected it to be sanitary? Sorry, but that is an unreasonable expectation...

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bwallet wrote:

@marcustowens79 You booked a room at a Motel 6, and you expected it to be sanitary? Sorry, but that is an unreasonable expectation...

LOL! That's like saying that you'd be disappointed when you don't get a free breakfast at Motel 6.

They may leave the light on for you, but they don't serve breakfast. 

marcustowens79
Explorer C

Cool. Lesson learned ! I just want my money back. For never staying there

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@marcustowens79 Lesson two: Do not book with Southwest Vacations. It isn't Southwest, and it is TERRIBLE beyond words.

marcustowens79
Explorer C

I booked with Southwest. But when it came time to give my refund they told me to call Southwest Vacations. They are the same company.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@marcustowens79 wrote:

I booked with Southwest. But when it came time to give my refund they told me to call Southwest Vacations. They are the same company.

This is exactly what we are trying to explain to you. You booked with Southwest Vacations. Southwest Vacations is NOT the same company as Southwest Airlines. You need to call Southwest Vacations.

How do I contact Southwest Vacations®?

--TheMiddleSeat

marcustowens79
Explorer C

I booked through Southwest Airlines. I was told to call Southwest Vacations for my refund

marcustowens79
Explorer C

Yes, I made a mistake. Does that give a company the right to avoid my emails/messages and not refund my money after discovering the place was a dump, Although Motel 6 gave them back the refund?