Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How can I find my credits for a canceled flight?

Dcrowe18
Explorer C

Hello, last year me and my fiance booked a flight and then later canceled because we could not make it. How do I lookup our credits, I can't find any email and I cannot find it on the site? Any help would be much appreciated! Customer service is 80min wait time to call

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How can I find my credits for a canceled flight?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Find the email from when you made the original reservation, find the email from when you canceled the reservation, call customer relations, or send a private message to Southwest via Twitter or Facebook with the request.

Contact Customer Relations

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Assuming you are a member of Rapid Rewards, log on to your SW account, click on "my account ", and available credits will be at the top of the ensuing page. That assumes that the travel fund is less than a year old or was part of the group of TFs that were extended to 9/7/22.

If there is nothing there, it means that the travel fund has expired.

bec102896
Aviator A

One thing to keep in mind your travel funds expire 1 year from when you bought your ticket and if you cancelled outside of the exception timeframe your funds could be expired and that might be why you can't find the funds. 

If you cancelled before March of 2020 or after September 7th 2020 your funds expire 1 year from when you bought your ticket. If you cancelled during this time period your funds should be valid till September 7th 2022.