Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How can I use multiple vouchers?

rohnjobus
Explorer C

If I call customer service will they allow me to use more than 2 vouchers to book a flight?  I have a bunch of $100 vouchers and I am trying to book flights that are $250 each leg.  I have more than enough vouchers to cover the whole trip, but online I can't use enough on any leg to cover the cost.  Any ideas if it is possible to accomplish this?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How can I use multiple vouchers?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can use them online at southwest.com or call.  You can use up to 3 forms of payment so if 3 vouchers will cover the cost of a flight then you're good to go.  Otherwise you can use 2 vouchers and a credit card.  Book one way flights so the cost you are applying vouchers to is lower.

--TheMiddleSeat

rohnjobus
Explorer C

It will only allow me to use 2 vouchers online.   If I call can I use 3? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The rules are the same either way.  You can use up to 3 forms of payment so if 3 vouchers will cover the cost of a flight you're good.  Otherwise it's 2 vouchers and a credit card.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I just remembered the detail that's probably preventing you from using 3 vouchers... taxes.  You have to pay taxes with credit card.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

So vouchers don’t cover taxes so you would have to do something tricky 

first book a bogus flight for say $250 apply the 2 vouchers and pay the taxes 

next immediately (within 24 hours) cancel that ticket and request a refund for the $50 or whatever the total is. The vouchers will now be a travel fund held under the confirmation number you are canceling (remember it) 

now go book the flight you want using a voucher and the travel fund and you will then be able to use all those vouchers. 

it takes a little work but this way you can use the vouchers